Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 1)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:42:19 -0700
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Steven Ryono <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Pre-game Instructions to players & AR's

I give a very simple pre game to U14's and above. " If you came to play you will decide the outcome of this game. " If you did not we ( ref team ) will decide who wins the game . The choice is yours. ----- Original Message ----- From: Roy Swazey <[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 12:41 PM Subject: Re: Pre-game Instructions to players & AR's > How do you check their equipment? > > Roy Swazey > > At 09:33 AM 4/6/00 -0700, you wrote: > >With respect, I don't think the players need any pregame instructions. I do > >talk to the players, casually before the match as a way of sizing them up > >while they size me up (that's an odd expression, isn't it?). I never line > >up the teams, either. I make certain that the coaches know of any > >extenuating circumstances or special rules of competition. Other than that, > >I present a friendly, approachable demeanor, smile and greet the > >participants. I may make a few comments at the coin toss but nothing like > >"pregame instructions". > >----- Original Message ----- > >From: "Mike Murphy" <[log in to unmask]> > >To: <[log in to unmask]> > >Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 9:13 AM > >Subject: Pre-game Instructions to players & AR's > > > > > >> I'd like to get some input on pregame instructions to the players that are > >> gievn during the check in time at a youth game (U9-14). These are the > >> instructions that I go over after checking equipment and game passes: > >> 1) How substitutions should be made (Halfline, etc) > >> 2) Remind them that this is a sporting contest, not a war so I will not > >> tolerate foul play or violations of the Laws of the Game. > >> 3) Show then the signal for an Indirect Kick so that there will be no > >> confusion on the field if it is called. > >> 4) Ask if the have any questions > >> 5) I conduct the entire process with a smile and friendly attitude. > >> > >> Any suggestions from the list on other things that should be covered? > >> > >> These are the pregame instructions that I give to my (mostly youth) AR's > >> > >> 1) Which diagonal I run and where I would like them stationed. > >> 2) How we handle offsides and foul communications. > >> 3) Substitution procedures. > >> 4) Their positioning on corner, goal and penalty kicks. > >> 5) Synchronize watches and make sure they have there's running. > >> 6) How to handle aftergame duties. > >> 7) Assign (or handle myself) checking the goal nets and the field > >> > >> Am I missing anything? > >> > >> Mad Dog > >> Perrysburg, Ohio > >> > > > > >