Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 1)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 2 Apr 2000 14:27:53 -0400
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Roy Swazey <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: the 3 worst soccer whistles

The tinitis is a bad indicator. Use the plugs. Or consider that cheaper stereos with poor frequency response will be more suitable for you in the future. Roy Swazey At 09:25 AM 4/2/00 -0400, you wrote: >Patrick, > >This has been a concern of mine for the past couple of years. Entering >my sixth season of refereeing and there are times I leave the field with >a ringing in my ears. Especially notice it when I've done several youth >rec matches in a row (lot of whistles, sometimes prolonged or repeated). > >I've tried to soften the volume, although sometimes it seems like you >can only go from very loud to just loud. > >Also have thought about earplugs, the little soft foam ones you can get >from hunting supply stores. > >Anyone else know much about hearing loss from whistles? > >Mark Mittelstadt >USSF 08 > > >Patrick Duffy wrote: >> >> >> Is anyone concerned about hearing loss by referees? One of my colleagues >> (CISL, NCAA D1 finals) felt that she was experiencing significant hearing >> loss. She's no longer refereeing, in part because of it. >> >> Patrick Duffy > >