On Sun, 2 Apr 2000 17:04:50 +1000, Lucas Joyner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I came accross an interesting incident today refereeing an U15 Div 3 match
>On the kick off, both attackers had thier feet on the ball and
simultaneously rolled it forward. One of the attackers the took off with the
ball down field where he was tackled. My question is, is this considered a
> - Lucas Joyner -
1. Does the kicking team gain any advantage in such a play?
2. Does it deceive the defenders about who kicked the ball and who can and
cannot touch the ball?
3. Is it an attempt to deceive the ref about who can and cannot touch the
4. What would the purpose of such a play be?
1. Yes. Both kickers can claim that they are not guilty of second touch.
2. Yes. Defenders have to cover both kickers more closely because they
don't know who first kicked it.
4. To get around the rule on second touch and to deceive the ref and the
attackers about who kicked off.
I wouldn't allow it.