Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2000, week 1)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 2 Apr 2000 09:24:28 -0400
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Ralph Bigio <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Kick off 2nd touch

On Sun, 2 Apr 2000 17:04:50 +1000, Lucas Joyner <[log in to unmask]> wrote: >I came accross an interesting incident today refereeing an U15 Div 3 match > >On the kick off, both attackers had thier feet on the ball and simultaneously rolled it forward. One of the attackers the took off with the ball down field where he was tackled. My question is, is this considered a double touch. > > - Lucas Joyner - > Lucas: Q: 1. Does the kicking team gain any advantage in such a play? 2. Does it deceive the defenders about who kicked the ball and who can and cannot touch the ball? 3. Is it an attempt to deceive the ref about who can and cannot touch the ball? 4. What would the purpose of such a play be? A: 1. Yes. Both kickers can claim that they are not guilty of second touch. 2. Yes. Defenders have to cover both kickers more closely because they don't know who first kicked it. 3. Yes. 4. To get around the rule on second touch and to deceive the ref and the attackers about who kicked off. I wouldn't allow it. Ralph Bigio