Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2000, week 2)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:22:17 EDT
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees <[log in to unmask]>
From:         [log in to unmask]
Subject:      Re: Police - higher authority than the CR?

In a message dated 10/12/2000 2:07:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes: << Why would the referee's authority in a soccer game supercede the police's authority to enforce the law? >> Actually, on private property such as our facilities, it just might. Depending on my frame of mind, I might or might not co-operate with police who came to one of my indoor buildings or our outdoor fields on such a call. I might send them looking for a warrant. But that's the advantage of private, vs public, lands and facilities. Regards Jim MacQueen Akron, OH