Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2001, week 3)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 15 May 2001 10:02:58 -0400
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Michael Cotleur <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      SERIE A last night - and the Clock
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

For the past two weeks we have been blessed with incredible, exciting soccer on FSW. Last night's match pitting Juventus @ Fiorentino was a classic. These teams really do not like each other, and went out of their way to show that. BTW: first half had 4 Cautions, 3 Goals, and only 1 minute of added time. The announcers challenged the scoreboard being held up by the 4th official, asserting that such board doesn't have the number "1" <g>. Then second half, I think one caution, and a few subs, no goals: 5 minutes added on. The announcers did verbal "high 5's", saying "Now he's [CR] back with the program!" Q: can anyone tell me when this game was actually played? And how can one easily find out when in fact any game broadcast by FSW (Serie A, EPL, Argentinian, German, Dutch, etc.) were actually played? It appears all are at least a one-day lag - true? Michael Cotleur