Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 2)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 9 Nov 2001 13:52:44 -0800
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees
From:         Cary Reisman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Gender Benders - a simple solution.

He [The original poster?] was indeed a male, but, like you Chris, his [the parents of the original poster?] had the PC foresight to provide him [the original poster?] with a gender neutral name. Cary Reisman > So, I was simply throwing out the idea of using "(s)he" > as something > less awkward and difficult than trying to balance the number of "his"s > and "her"s in a document - as the original situation was posed, the > author got tripped up trying to do it, until he (there we go again, > but the original poster was a he ;=) had to apply a great deal of > sweat in redrafting it. > > How 'bout "you all" and "them all" ;=) ? > > Chris Mohr > USSF 8