Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (December 2002, week 5)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:02:07 EST
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees <[log in to unmask]>
From:         mark Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: SOCREF-L Digest - 28 Dec 2002 to 29 Dec 2002 (#2002-362)

In consideration of the defender stepping off the field in an attempt to take the attacker off-sides or at least that is how it appears, I believe I would let play continue giving that attacked their chance at scoring a goal. When the defender steps back onto the field to become an active/involved player again I would allow play to continue with an advantage call indicating that a foul has been noticed. If the ball went to an attackers foot and the attack continued advantage realized and possibly a goal in the making the scales of fair play has been restored. I would issue a yc when the ball goes out of play or if the advantage did not materialize. Of course I had twenty minutes to figure this out sitting at the computer. I am not sure if I would be as clear on the field. My thoughts are with those who have experienced personal sadness during the holiday season. Hopefully the new year will bring better news. Mark Allen Sebastopol CA