Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (January 2003, week 1)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 2 Jan 2003 21:12:18 -0500
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Jim Mantle <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Ref screw up in 1-1-03 Liverpool vs. Newcastle

----- Original Message ----- From: "jack barry" <[log in to unmask]> > > The only thing of interest to me: Does/should the Disc.Com. > have latitude to waive the 'subsequent game suspension'. Given that the player received two cautions in the game, and given that this resulted in a dismissal, and given that the penalty for a dismissal of this kind is an addition game suspension: Why? Seems like a pretty linear cause & effect to me. If the player doesn't like the effect, he shouldn't be the cause. Discretion to the Discipline Committee should be on the basis of mistaken identity, or some such thing. Beyond that - nope. Jim