Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2003, week 4)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:53:58 -0400
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees <[log in to unmask]>
From:         Ed Marco <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: SOCREF-L Digest - 22 Jun 2003 to 23 Jun 2003 (#2003-175)
Comments: To: [log in to unmask]

You are correct. No list is required and should not be asked for. Ed Marco > From: Kenneth Doak <[log in to unmask]> > Reply-To: [log in to unmask] > Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:07:46 -0400 > To: [log in to unmask] > Subject: Re: SOCREF-L Digest - 22 Jun 2003 to 23 Jun 2003 (#2003-175) > > Sorry if I did not follow the right procedure. I don't often respond to > these. > > Gettting a list should not be standard, anywhere. FIFA / USSF do not > require a list. Jim Allen has responded to this question in the past by > confirming that no list should ever be asked for and that a team is under > no obligation to provide a list or follow any order, if they do provide > one. I know my state (CT) made it clear some time ago that no referee > should ever ask for a list. > > > > > > "Mike Moore" > <[log in to unmask] To: <[log in to unmask]>, > <[log in to unmask]> > rleton.ca> cc: > Subject: Re: SOCREF-L Digest - > 22 Jun 2003 to 23 Jun 2003 (#2003-175) > 06/24/2003 03:52 > PM > Please respond to > "Mike Moore" > > > > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Kenneth Doak" <[log in to unmask]> > To: <[log in to unmask]> > Sent: Tuesday, June 24, 2003 10:09 AM > Subject: Re: SOCREF-L Digest - 22 Jun 2003 to 23 Jun 2003 (#2003-175) > > >>>>> Here's the background. Girls U14 championship match...third match of >> the day >> for these girls and no doubt one too many, but you gotta do what you > gotta >> do >> to get the tournament played. Anyway, 0-0 in regulation time and 0-0 in >> OT. >> They got to kicks from the penalty spot to determine a champion for the >> division. The CR does everything right organizing the kicks...keeps the >> players on >> the field, the subs off, lets everyone get a drink along the sidelines >> while >> one AR gets the kicking list and the other watches to make sure no one >> sneaks >> into the kick-eligible eleven. They move everyone to the center circle, > do >> the coin toss, pick the correct goal.<<< >> >> "AR gets the kicking list" Unless there were special tournament rules > in >> effect, then the CR made a mistake before the PK's even began. No-one > is >> supposed to get a kicking list, and no team is obligated to furnish one, > in >> USSF/FIFA kicks from the mark. >> >> Ken Doak >> > Getting a list of the kickers is pretty standard and hardly constitutes a > "mistake". > > Mike Moore. > > P.S. How hard would it have been to delete the rest of the Digest and save > the poor sods on the list from having to download all the irrelevent stuff? > (Took me all of a couple of seconds - hint : hold down the shift key, press > [page down] until it's all highlighted, then hit [delete].)