Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2004, week 4)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:   Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:56:06 +0000
Sender:   Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees <[log in to unmask]>
From:   Bill Faucett <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:   Re: AYSO question
Comments:   To: Wayne Pav <[log in to unmask]>

How about teams engage in a giant group hug after the referee blows the whistle to start the match instead of playing and then just go right home feeling happy and loved? That way, both teams avoid this silly competition thing and no one's feelings or self-esteem gets hurt. It also avoids all sorts of convoluted attempts to add competitive balance to a game where none exists. Blowouts happen and it's counter-productive, imo, to try to take the competition out of a competition.

Bill