Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 1)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 3 Aug 2006 13:40:05 -0400
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees
From:         "John L. Magnusson" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: cards to players in the wall,
              WAS: back on the eclipse pda game again

i was watching bayern munich-shalke 04 yesterday on goltv and nothing was called as it was in the world cup, it was a constant encroachment on freekicks, defenders taking the ball with them while they got back into position on throw-ins,freekicks etc. fouls were called but not cautioned. should be interesting to see how the final is called on the 5th. live on goltv!!! ----- Original Message ----- From: Scott Riegelhaupt-Herzig To: [log in to unmask] Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 1:08 PM Subject: Re: cards to players in the wall, WAS: back on the eclipse pda game again I had a situation the other day in a U16G game. Foul on a red player just outside the PA. Blue player took the ball and placed it for a kick. 2 red defenders immediately situated themselves about 4 yards from the ball. I told the defenders that they needed to give 10 yards. They then took 2 steps towards the ball. When I walked over and cautioned them, they started whining that I didn't measure off 10 yards for them. I countered that, when I told them to give 10 yards and they moved towards the ball, they knew exactly what they were doing. The whining stopped and I didn't have any similar problems for the rest of the match. <S>