Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 2)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:25:35 -0500
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees
From:         Robert Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Slide tackling

Slide tackling = a send off in the adult co-ed league I play . Any additional discussion of that league will be posted under the other current thread: Humor on the Field. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Huey" <[log in to unmask]> To: <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:32 AM Subject: Re: Slide tackling > > In a message dated 9/11/2006 8:15:57 P.M. Central Standard Time, > [log in to unmask] writes: > > Has anyone seen or heard of any slide tackling restrictions on youth soccer? > I'm wondering if the coach saw it in a different area of the country. > > > Many local N TX Associations don't allow sliding tackles at U8 and younger. > One, they don't know how; Two, they don't know when to execute them and the > parents get upset when it starts. > > First sliding tackle is a warning; Second (by same player) gets a trip to > the coach and held out for the rest of the quarter; Third, he gets to wait until > next week. No cards. I've never seen one go to strike three. > > Certainly bends a few laws but makes everyone happier at this age where > neither coaches nor parents (nor youth referees) can distinguish a great sliding > tackle from a deliberate trip. > > Sliding tackles are however allowed in tournaments at this age under the > general N TX tournament rules. > > Larry Huey > Grapevine, TX > >