Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 2)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 8 Sep 2006 01:57:14 -0400
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees
From:         Jonathan Gingerich <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Was: Re: Flip throw...what do you think? -- Ad Hominem, etc

The best way to avoid the spiral is to avoid emotionally loaded terms like "cheating". We are to be safe, fair, and fun when enforcing the rules to an athletic passtime. It's not a moral imperative. I rarely have all that great an idea just exactly where the ball completely broke the plane of the field. Why would I expect the player to have a better one? And I much prefer a game where the players are actively seeking advantage (without rancor). Jon.