Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 2)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:46:57 -0700
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees
From:         Lawrence Savell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Extra Player on the Field

A fellow referee described this incident happening to him this summer and I wonder how everyone would have handled it. It seems that my friend who was the AR discovered that there were 12 players on the field after a goal had been scored but after the kickoff had already occurred. He signaled the CR who stopped play. When he went to find the extra player to issue a caution, he had apparently left the field without anyone noticing. It happened on the side away from this AR. What would you have done if you were unable to identify the extra player? ...larry