Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 2)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 10 Mar 2009 12:54:42 -0700
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees
From:         Lawrence Savell <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Card or Quick Restart?
Comments: cc: John Park <[log in to unmask]>

I stand corrected. Thank you. ...larry ---- John Park <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > It's in the FIFA " INTERPRETATION OF THE LAWS OF THE GAME AND GUIDELINES FOR REFEREES" > > > Use of whistle   > The whistle is needed to: > • start play (1st, 2nd half), after a goal > • stop play: > – for a free kick or penalty kick > – if the match is suspended or abandoned > – when a period of play has ended due to the expiration of time > • restart play at : > – free kicks when the wall is ordered back the appropriate distance > – penalty kicks > • restart play after it has been stopped due to: > – the issue of a yellow or red card for misconduct > – injury > – substitution > > > The whistle is NOT needed to: > • stop play for:  > – a goal kick, corner kick or throw-in > – a goal > • restart play from: > – a free kick, goal kick, corner kick, throw-in > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Lawrence Savell" <[log in to unmask]> > To: [log in to unmask] > Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 11:56:58 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific > Subject: Re: Card or Quick Restart? > > I haven't gone back to check, but I believe that all that is required is a "signal" under TLOTG not necessarily a whistle. > > ...larry > > ---- Ed Leafe <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > > On Mar 10, 2009, at 1:17 PM, Fred Speirs wrote: > > > > > So > > > if a foul is committed by an attacker in his opponents' penalty area > > > and he is cautioned you restart with a 'ceremonial' free kick. > > > Why do I not think so?  Maybe you'd have to bring the wall forward! > > > Wonder which rewrite that was.  Must've been asleep when that > > > happened. > > > > > >         IMO, all that 'ceremonial' means in this context is that the kick   > > must wait for your whistle. > > > > > > -- Ed Leafe