Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2009, week 4)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Sat, 28 Mar 2009 22:27:53 -0500
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees
From:         William Liedtke <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: Videotaping yourself during a match

What recommendations and pricing should we look for in a wrist GPS for referees? Bill Liedtke OKC OK 07 On 3/28/09 10:07 PM, "Matt Jacob" <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > I was checking out a wrist GPS at Costco the other day. They've really > come down in price lately; I think I'll pick one up soon. > > Matt > > On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 18:41, Mark Wroth <[log in to unmask]> wrote: >> Would love to see video of my matches, but haven't pulled it off yet. >> Like Ron, though, I routinely use a wrist mounted unit that (in addition >> to recording heart rate, which is why I wear it) gives me a track of the >> match ... it's interesting to watch. >> >> ront wrote: >>> No, actually I don't.  but I HAVE worn my wrist GPS for many games and then >>> viewed the trail on google earth. >>> very intresting to see where I spend the bulk of my time, how often I get >>> deep into ends and corners, etc. >>> ront >>> >>> >>> <<<<<Date:    Thu, 26 Mar 2009 21:53:32 -0700 >>> From:    Matt Jacob <[log in to unmask]> >>> Subject: Videotaping yourself during a match >>> >>> Does anyone else videotape themselves to find areas of improvement, or >>> am I the only one? It's amazing what you can learn after watching >>> yourself on tape for 90 minutes. For instance, I was very happy with >>> my mechanics and my body language, but I had NO IDEA I looked so goofy >>> while running. I don't swing my arms very much when I run because I >>> have pretty strong legs and they generally get me around without the >>> extra momentum. It looks terrible, though, so I'm working on my >>> running posture to improve my overall appearance. >>> >>> What have you found out by watching yourself on the big screen? >>> >>> Matt>>>>> >>> >>