Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2010, week 4)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:   Sat, 26 Jun 2010 19:02:12 -0700
Sender:   Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees <[log in to unmask]>
From:   tj marlin <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:   Re: Brazil-Port (No Score)

we are getting close.

in the original post, not stated, the game was stopped for an injury. therefor the restart is a db.

if the game is stopped to issue a caution, then the restart is an IFK. see ferenc's quote of yesterday.

regards

Reza Pazirandeh wrote: > What an honor to out a lurker:-) > > That would definitely be the correct restart if he stopped it for an > injury. I did not notice that and unfortunately I did not record the game > to view it again. > > That notwithstanding, if the referee does decide not to wait for the next > stoppage to give the caution (or, sendoff, as unlikely as that might be), I > believe the correct restart is still a DB. > > Reza. > > On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 7:45 PM, Jimmy Stewart <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > > >> Okay, I don't post very often on this listserver, I've been a subscriber >> for quite some time and mostly lurk.....in this case, I feel compelled to >> respond. Please go back and look at the sequence of events and the reaction >> of the players. Yes, there was a foul and I think we all agree that there >> is misconduct. The referee applied advantage. Then the players stop. Why? >> There is an injured player down. The referee stops play for the injury. >> This is the opportunity to cite the misconduct (ie the next stoppage in >> play). How do we restart play when stopping for an injury? >> >> >> >> > >

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tj marlin Coach, you were expecting to see the end of the game today? - Lin Lipensky