Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2010, week 1)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Fri, 6 Aug 2010 11:25:11 -0400
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees
From:         Rich Zumpone <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: CLB vs PHL (score implied)

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 11:01:02 -0400, Larry Stone <[log in to unmask]> wrote: >I realize that to some, accident and careless are different but to me (and to your auto insurance company), accident and careless are synonymous as accidents are the result of carelessness. > ATR 12.2 "Referees should not punish actions that are accidental or inadvertent." It's probably the most significant defintion referees make, game by game, incident by incident: "Where's the line - when is it crossed?" And mosst importantly: "Am I being consistent about it when it comes to calling penalties against the Crew but none in favor of Chad Marshall?"