Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2010, week 4)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:   Sun, 26 Dec 2010 22:03:20 -0600
Sender:   Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees <[log in to unmask]>
From:   Glenn Sogge <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:   Re: What are Referee Associations?

In northern Illinois, there are no associations in the sense I've read about here. Everything is done by independent assignors.There are a couple of associations which do additional training and provide networking opportunities. They are mostly geared to USSF referees, but a high percentage of HS refs are also USSF (not all, though).

-- Glenn

On Sun, Dec 26, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Phil Dillard <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > My focus has been on referring games and I have very little understanding of > the bigger picture. > > What are the functions of a referee association? > > What is the relationship between associations and the state high school > league(s)? > > What is the relationship between associations and national youth soccer > associations (USSF)? > > Can an independent assignor perform all the functions of an association > without a real association? > > Phil in Lynchburg, VA, USA >