Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2012, week 2)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:52:33 -0600
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees
From:         Sandy and Ferenc Korompai <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: NFHS - Time Factor Question

I really did play on black cinder field, never learned to slide tackle. Ferenc ----- Original Message ----- From: Bob Foster<mailto:[log in to unmask]> To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> Sent: Monday, February 13, 2012 1:44 PM Subject: Re: NFHS - Time Factor Question Yeah, we usually played in the snow and had to run uphill towards each goal...... Bob Foster In a message dated 2/13/2012 11:43:45 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> writes: and then the 20th century started and soccer became an actual sport. > We actually used to do this when I played as a kid in CT. 5 minute > OT 11 v > 11. Then another 5 minute OT 9 v 9. Then another 5 minute OT 7 v 7. If > still needed, another 5 minute OT 6 v 6 with no keepers. Each OT > was "golden > goal". Total of 20 minutes, but with fewer and fewer players. Only > remember > a couple of times that a game actually went down to eliminating the > keepers. I remember it was fun (as a player). > > Bob Foster > lee jordan the bastard in black