Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2012, week 2)Back to main SOCREF-L pageJoin or leave SOCREF-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Tue, 14 Feb 2012 19:25:53 -0700
Sender:       Discussion of Topics for Soccer Referees
From:         James Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Re: USSF week in review capture

Gil, I seem to recall that you are also a non windows user, you could "wget" at a command line. with appropriate options it will copy all or part of a web site. PS choose options and starting page carefully or have plenty of space in the receiving Folder/Directory. James | I use Download Helper (in Firefox) to grab all sorts of videos and store then | on my local drive. However, it does not seem to work for Week in Review. All | it will capture from that site is an .mp3 (podcast), not the video. | Some sites have imbedded the video such that it cannot be captured. So far I |have not found a way to pull Week in Review video for later use. Gil (the original) On Monday, February 13, 2012 12:13:14 AM you wrote: > I couldn't tell you the legality, but assuming it's covered under fair use, > there are Firefox extensions available for downloading embedded videos. > I've used one from downloadhelper.net before; and it works very well. You > may also need something to view the files (I recommend VLC from > videoloan.org). > > Aaron Propes > > On Feb 12, 2012, at 7:19 PM, tj marlin wrote: >> Anyone know how to capture the week in review to one's local computer? >> >> Is it legal? >> >> Thanks